Idaho Chapter of HIMSS - About US
Welcome to the Idaho Chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
HIMSS Idaho Chapter provides statewide leadership for the advancement and management of healthcare information and technology.
HIMSS represents more than 45,000 individual members across the country - with UHIMSS encompassing over 350 healthcare IT professionals - including CEOs, Presidents, CIOs, Vice Presidents, Directors and other IT professionals.
HIMSS Idaho Chapter is dedicated to improving Healthcare IT locally through advocacy, collaboration and education, and to promote quality patient care throughout the state of Utah.
Clinical Systems professionals provide a valuable link between technology and healthcare delivery by providing:
- databases rich in clinical protocols, tested and constructed to include the best practices
- assistance to caregivers to create clinical pathways that are individual for each patient/procedure type
- benchmark capabilities enabling out come measurement and continual improvement of delivery practices
Information Systems professionals use computer technology to provide information to improve decision making for all functions of providers including:
- clinical decision making
- patient care information
- billing, finance, and budgets
- inventory control
- total quality management training and facilitation
- operations and productivity analysis
- facility planning and management
- forecasting and cost-benefit analysis
- dispatch systems for code and trauma teams
- telehealth systems
- in- and outgoing telephone calls and wireless communication systems
- voice processing and nurse call systems
- network integration, application development, and telecommunication services for voice, data, and video technologies
HIMSS members are responsible for developing many of today's key innovations in healthcare delivery and administration, including telemedicine, computer-based patient records, community health information networks, and portable/wireless healthcare computing.
Contact us at:
HIMSS – Idaho
PO Box 8813
Boise ID 83707